Wednesday, June 27, 2012

This is a test...

I don't think I mentioned in my earlier post that I had to go Silas's appointment solo. Michael was coincidently on jury duty. (He owes me big time!)

After the joys of this morning, I needed to go back to school to pick Joshua up. I tried to wait until Michael called saying he was done with the trial so I didn't have to make two trips. I couldn't wait any longer. After Silas had eaten I packed him up and went for the car.

I got to school. Joshua was not in a very pleasant mood, but again it was something new again today. (It was the first day I had taken him to school or picked him up since Silas has been born and since he's been in the new classroom.) I enticed him with a "special treat" because it had been a long day for me too and I could use a pick-me-up. We went to Wendy's and got a Frosty.

I went back to the courthouse to wait for Michael assuming that he couldn't be much longer... Joshua and were eating our Frosty when I got a call from someone at school who needed help locking up. So we went back to school to figure out the door situation.

Now I needed to make a decision... did I go home... get the boys out of the car... feed Silas... and pack them back into the car when Michael called saying he was done? Or did I take a chance that he would be done soon and go wait in the courthouse parking lot?

I chose the latter. Mainly because I didn't want to make two trips. This turned out to be a poor choice.

I heard rumbling from the backseat and asked Joshua if it was him. "Nope, It Silas." Considering Silas didn't poop the day before, I was not looking forward to what would be waiting for me. Silas started to squirm. It was time for him to eat. I carefully changed him, then gave Joshua my phone and told him he could watch a show while I nursed Silas in the courthouse parking lot.

I nursed Silas with the sun shade up and a blanket over my shoulder when I see Joshua start wiggling around. "Joshua, are you wearing a diaper or undies?" "Undies." I tried to searched for my shirt and tried to put Silas down and rush to the other side of the car, but by the time I got there, "my seat WET!"

From the driving around, poop explosion, nursing in a parking lot, and pee pants I was ready to give in. I called a friend to come get us so I could leave the car for Michael. Then he could come home when he was done.

What a day!

"This is the Day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!" This was the last song Joshua wanted to sing tonight before we said prayers and I couldn't help but think that it was fitting. I love when we sing this one at night. With so much to complain about, I have so much more to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. At least you have the right perspective...some days you can only shake your head at the craziness! And thank God for the grace to laugh!

    ReplyDelete