Wednesday, June 27, 2012

17 Minutes...

is how long it took me to get home from the doctor's office. Silas cried the entire way. I had tears too.

We were at the doctor's office for Silas to be circumcised. With Joshua, they did it right away in the hospital, but my doctor preferred to do it in his office instead of at the hospital. (and he was on vacation for a week) Silas was a bit fussy as we parked, almost anticipating what was coming.

Handing your baby over to another person is one thing, but when it is followed by, "the office is pretty echo-y you may want to stand outside." that was almost more than I could handle. So out I went. The doctor came to get me approximately 12 minutes later with a surprisingly pleasant little boy... That is until we got to the car.

17 long minutes later we arrived home. He was too exhausted to eat. Sleep hit hard. I tried several times unsuccessfully to nurse him, but he was not interested until hours later. So I held him close and let him rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment