Monday, May 7, 2012

A "Zoo-per" Day

Saturday we went to the Jacksonville Zoo.

My mom was visiting from Wisconsin. She has a zoo-pass that she has used at a variety of zoos. She also used it here. When we got there, Joshua checked out the map by himself.


 There were silhouettes of animals on the map and Joshua pointed to each of them saying he wanted to be sure to see all of the animals. 

He then shared his plans with grandma. 

There were several highlights to our trip:


 One of the elephants was sucking water into his trunk, he sprayed it into a hole mixing it making mud. He then splashed the mud up under his belly and up onto his back.


Joshua loved every minute of it!


 I have never been so close to giraffes. They made me a little nervous. 


I was nervous, but they are my mom's favorite animal. She took Joshua to feed them. It was terrific to watch them share this special moment. 


We touched the stingrays. Joshua wasn't sure about them. 


The train was one of Joshua's favorite parts! He was excited to get on and the fact that you could see the animals while riding was great!

Last but not least: 


I thought I was clever standing in front of the storks with my belly. 

What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment