Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ms. Stacey, are you sure...

Today it was rainy. My afternoon students left school yesterday in a rain storm and came today during another. Right away the questions began about outside time.


Were we going out?
Were we playing with balls in the narthex?
Were we going to use the parachute? What would happen for outside time?


Because of Family Night at CTK and the preparation for the musical, outside time needed to happen in our classroom. Some teachers may have opted for a movie, but at four and five years old, in the middle if the afternoon, my kids needed to do some moving!


I have a CD that I love that contains fun action-filled songs preschoolers love: 5 little monkeys, toody-ta, bean bag dance, freeze dance and other follow-the-action songs. I knew we could use the music and be active, even on carpet, for 30 minutes.


We were moving and grooving following the actions when one of my students stops everything,

"Ms. Stacey, are you sure you're supposed to be moving like that with a baby in your belly?!?"



It was so sweet! What could I do but assure this little boy that it was ok to dance, be silly, and have fun, even with a baby in my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment