Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pirate Eyes


Your love of pirates makes me smile. 

Aunt Jamie wrote the other day about going to the park. She and Tylor were playing and imagining that the playground was a mountain and that there were alligators on the ground. Another boy started playing with them and he stopped suddenly and said, 
"That's my mom over there. She's always looking at her phone. She's always doing that. He's lucky to have you to play with him. Hey, thanks for letting me play with you."

Her story spoke to my heart. I wanted to be sure to spend some quality time with you this weekend. I had lots of cleaning/laundry to do to catch up from last weekend with grandma here and a crazy week, but I didn't want to miss out on time with you. 

We put on our pirate garb (hat, bandana, necklaces, vests) and grabbed our spatulas and had a great "sword fight." 

I hope you always feel loved and lucky to have what we have, because I know I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment