Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Thud Moment...

You've never seen a pregnant woman move the way I moved last night, or this afternoon.

I've had two "thud moments" where my heart has dropped into the heels of my feet and my stomach turned inside out today.

I am an extremely light sleeper, and this morning, around 2, I heard the thud before I heard the cries for help. I knew what the thud was immediately, and was on my feet instantly. I ran to Joshua's room where he was lying spread eagle on the floor tears in his eyes. He had fallen out of bed. My heart hurt and my eyes filled.

If that had not been enough for one day, I was chatting with Pastor during pick-up time today, and heard the 'beep-beep' of the school doors. It took me a moment to realize that Joshua was not next to me. Yelling down the hall, "Joshua!" I see him run past the window... he was outside. He was not the one who had opened the door, but went out with another family. The panic that fills your body, not knowing where your child is, and then seeing them outside is horrifying. The gate was closed. He was in the parking lot, but how quickly he could have been gone, or someone could have taken him makes me sick. I had tears, and a pity party in my second "thud moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment