Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spoiled...

During my mom's visit, I was spoiled. (To say the least.) I probably should have said something or been mature enough to graciously stop her, but: truth be told, I wasn't. I was spoiled and I liked it. 
(I certainly hope my mom didn't feel like I took advantage.) 

Since we are not moving, my mom encouraged me to make our apartment a home with things like pictures on the walls. We went to Michael's and picked up some frames for pictures that have only been enjoyed by those on my blog or facebook. 


After Michael's we went and got pedicures. Pretty toes and massage chairs during these closing weeks of pregnancy was delightful!


And now.... a story left untold:
After pedicures we were right next to Basin Robins, it would have been foolish to leave without stopping. We stopped and it just so happened that the special of the day was a banana split. 
Guess who is a sucker for a banana split?!? This pregnant lady!!!


I didn't eat it alone. (I hope that's evident by the two spoons.) It was delicious!


That would be a cute enough story, "oh, some great times with mom." However, when we got home to Michael and Joshua the sounds and smells of cooking met our ears and noses. 
Michael was making dinner.
The poor man was unaware of our pit-stop and was being ever so loving making dinner. 
We politely ate, spread some around our plates, and tried not to make eye contact, but our snickers and smirks could be felt without it.


A weekend was really too short a visit. Monday morning came too fast. I haven't had a hard time leaving Wisconsin, but I certainly struggled with my mom leaving here. By the time I got to school, the tears had dried for the most part, and I had it together, keeping myself busy with the responsibilities of Monday. 

We explained to Joshua that Grandma was leaving on Monday going back to Wisconsin to see Samuel, but that she would be back soon to visit. That was an okay answer for Monday, but this morning, the first words spoken to me Tuesday were, "I wanna see my Grandma." 
"She went back to Wisconsin, remember?" 
"No Wisconsin! Where's my Grandma?"
 Part of my heart broke. It was great to have her here for me, and for my son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment