Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2 cm

We visited the doctor today; he said I was dilated to 2 cm. He said "it could be as early as tonight or it could be three weeks still." A flurry if emotions caught me again. Am I ready? Emotionally? Physically? Mentally? I'm measuring "smaller than average" which did catch me a little off guard. I do feel I'm smaller than I was with Joshua but not significantly.

I can tell we're getting closer. The baby has dropped down, I've been having contractions since Thursday (when we went to the hospital with a false alarm) and I've started to loose my plug. We've entered the final countdown. There are only 4 days left of school, and my class has their graduation on the 31st.

I've tried to convince myself and Michael that we have instilled in our sons a sense of responsibility (even in utero) . Joshua waited until after my weekend shifts to put me into labor and hopefully Silas will do the same waiting until after graduation to make his appearance.

Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment