Friday, May 25, 2012

Showered with blessings...

"We were just talking about... nothing."
"Make sure you send a text on the way back from the Dr."
"I have my own centers I want to do that you don't need to worry about."
"Let's just plan on free-centers for Friday."


These are just snippets of the 'secrets' kept by my assistants, and my students during the week this week. All for a surprise shower that they were planning. 

They celebrated Silas by each writing a page saying what his name should be, how much he would weigh, and how long he would be as well as making a picture of what he would look like.

Here are some highlights: 
John 10 lbs 3oz, 1inches
Coster 10 lbs. 24 inches
Coddy 6 lbs. 8 inches
Baby Jesus 100 lbs. 3inches
Snod 4 lbs. 1 inch
Clovences 5 lbs. 7 inches
Jimmy 12 lbs. 10 inches
Prince King 1 lb 2 inches

Each of the students had a chance to guess how big my belly had gotten with toilet paper squares. It was funny to me that those who are the most "handsy" were pretty close. There were also those students who wrapped their paper around me 3 or 7 times.

Many of the students brought gifts and they sat rather quietly to watch as I opened them. 
Overwhelmed with gifts...
For their patience during gift opening... we had cake!

Probably one of the best parts for me however was the gift they gave as a class...

Oh the handprints my students have left on me...

It did not come as a surprise to me that my assistant, but more importantly my dear friend, would pull off something so special. I am so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment