Monday, May 7, 2012

Bathing Beauties

I've said it before, but when company comes it always seems that we are at the beach or pool more. That was also the case while my mom here over the weekend. 


When we got to the beach, Joshua again started whining/complaining about not wanting to go because of the waves. He said he was scared of the waves, and didn't want them to get his toes. 

We distracted him with building some amazing sand structures.
There were lots of seashells on the beach. I tried to bring him closer to the water by trying to have him find his own seashells. He didn't fall for it. Grandma, however, picked him up and carried him down so that they could be "heros" and "rescue" the seashells from the waves. 


Beware the beached whale!! Just kidding, but I am pretty big. The water was so warm for it only being the beginning of May. If it would have been a little earlier in the day I would have gone it a little deeper. It was probably better that I only went in thigh-high. I don't have great balance even when I'm not pregnant. 



We made sand castles and had fun silly moments together. 


Joshua carried his prized shells up to the car hand-in-hand with grandma. 


Not only did we spend time at the beach, but also at the pool. Joshua would choose the pool any day over the beach. 


He walked right in and began splashing. 


Joshua likes to jump in. Once the jumping starts he gets perma-smile, and wants to be sure that everyone is impressed by his jumping. "Grandma, you see my many jump?!?!"


Not only is he working on jumping, but also the swimming. Getting his face into the water, using his arms and legs and gaining confidence in the water.





No comments:

Post a Comment