Monday, January 2, 2012

Negative Nancy

Not all blogging is "rainbows and butterflies" or so I've been told.

I'm crabby. One of those crabby moods that you just can't shake.

I rang in the new year with the flu and it has thrown off my mood. We just got back from our travels to Wisconsin and I didn't get a chance to settle in yet. The car is still packed, laundry is undone, school is right around the corner, and I feel so unorganized and rather than doing something about it, I'm complaining... awesome!

Perhaps it is hormones, but everyone's bright cheery faces with hopefulness brought on by the new year is irritating. I didn't get a chance to reflect on my past year or look forward to the next because I was trying to keep my insides from spilling out.

On top of that it was a rough parenting day. Jealousy is so easy to fall into as a parent. You want the best for your kid, yet it is oh so tempting to do the comparison game. What is that kid doing? When did they start? Why isn't my kid doing this? When is my kid going to do that? I don't want my son to feel pressured into things he is not ready for or unnecessary disappointment brought on by his crazy mother. Every child grows and develops differently, not right or wrong, or black and white. It is easy to read, it is easy to say, but for some reason, today it was NOT easy to understand.

Sometimes just getting the nasty thoughts our is helpful. (At this point, I'm not sure I'll post this, but it was nice to get it out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment