Sunday, January 15, 2012

Napless Sunday


Michael is gone for a few days on business. That leaves just me and the boy. After church, Michael said his goodbyes and he put Joshua in bed. 
When Michael left I still heard chatting so I peeked in. My nostrils informed me that Joshua needed attention. I went in and changed his diaper and told him it was still rest time. Roughly 1/2 hour later the chatter continued, despite removing items from his bed. I suggested that he come "slug" with me for a while. I carried him into my bed and laid down with him. I closed my eyes... he stuck fingers in my eyes to keep opening them, or he would give me kisses. 
(We have taught Joshua that the best way to wake someone up if they are sleeping is to give them kisses.)
He didn't sleep. Neither did I.


Over the course of the night, he went through crabby, defiant, screaming, crying, then over-tired silliness. Later that night after I put him in jammies and told him after I brushed my teeth we would "slug" and I'd put him in bed. When I came out of the bathroom. I found him fast asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment