Saturday, January 7, 2012

Shortcomings as a Parent of Two

Confessions of a pregnant mommy:

I don't think it has really sunk in with me yet that I am having another baby.

I have some fears...

  • Joshua is a momma's boy. I love that. I am nervous about having another child. I don't yet understand how my heart could love another the way that I love him. That terrifies me!
  • I feel like I haven't had the same joy or excitement about having this baby because I've had one before. With Joshua everything was brand-new and exciting. 
  • I'm so busy now. In my previous pregnancy, I finished college by the time my second trimester began. I was working at the nursing home, which carried its own stresses, but I didn't work the hours I do now, or have a child at the time. I've been wrapped up in things with school and Joshua that this baby has missed out somehow I feel. 
  • I haven't taken my vitamins like I should. I feel like already I have failed my baby and he/she hasn't even been born. 
forgive me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment