Thursday, January 19, 2012

Feeling Guilty

As my tummy expansion really gets going I can't help but feeling the tiniest bit of guilt sometimes.



Today was one such time.

Yesterday, a woman excitedly told me she was about 7 weeks along. She and her husband had been trying for a while. She was thrilled, I asked her how she was feeling. She mentioned that she was spotting, but not worried because she spotted with her previous child and she was going for her first ultrasound tomorrow.

Today she lost her baby.



I have friends who have had difficulty conceiving, those who lost their pregnancies, and those who wish and wish for a baby and do not receive such a blessing.

I have felt the achey womb or longing eyes looking at a pregnant woman rubbing her belly and the bright eyes of excitement as she feels the baby move.

My belly is swelling, ready to be rubbed. I've felt the flutters and wiggles.

And part of me feels guilty, the need to hide my belly from those who might have an achey heart or feel the tearing open eternal scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment