Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Single Parenthood

The second half of January Michael has been doing work related travel so Joshua and I have been left to fend for ourself... hence not so many fun stories, but here are some highlights:


Self portrait. I love!


I had a Bible Songs Cassette playing in a boom box in Joshua's room. Yeah, I'm old school. When I asked him what he was doing he said singing with the friends. 

We received a box in the mail that did not collapse easily, so we made it into a special place for Joshua. We colored in the box, put stickers in it, he put a pillow in the bottom, and he thinks it's a pretty cool space. 

With Daddy away, and Momma's pregnant belly,  we got doughnuts as a special treat after church on Sunday. They were yummy!

As you can see, Joshua's tool bench has a clock. He has been talking up a storm, but some of the words are not as clear as we might want them to be. cLock is one such word. As well as dumP TRuck... this list goes on...
  • I took Joshua to his classroom and when a classmate tried to take what he was using he said, "No, Lets Teamwork." 
  • On Sunday we had a guest musician playing the violin while the choir sang. Singing in choir always makes me nervous about a certain young man's behavior. He usually does well, he's had lots of practice. For the second choir song, Joshua stood up with us. I was nervous about what kind of mischief he might get into, but I did not give him as much credit as he deserved. He had his cup in his mouth and had a pen in the other hand, he was using the pen as his bow against his cup violin. 
  • While holding a paper spider: 
    • Momma, spider sad.
    • Why?
    • Uh, he's hungry. 
    • What do spiders eat?
    • Drink more milk. (He pretended to give the spider some milk.) Oh, so happy now!!
  • In Walmart checkout line 4. "Look Momma, number 4!" The sales lady and I were both impressed. 
  • Joshua woke up at 11:45p whimpering so I went in to "rescue" him. I asked him if he wanted to come slug (snuggle) for a while. "yeah, 2 minutes." He climbed into my bed and laid... until... he was flopping... and tossing... then playing with my hair... touching my face... giving me kisses (we have taught Joshua to wake people up by giving kisses, chivalry is not dead) I warned that he could only stay in my bed with his head down. He flopped his silly smiled face into the pillow. He laid there for minute or two. "Momma, sing songs?... Wheels on the bus? ... Isty Spider?" 
  • Last night, during our bed time reading, Joshua chose two Diego books. (Not Momma's favorites) I told him we had time for one more. I asked him which one he would like to choose. He stood there undecided for a while when I decided to offer a suggestion. "How about Good Night Moon?" He reached up and picked it out by the spine of the book. It made be proud. We've read the book tons of times. I know it by heart, but there was something about him being excited about it and picking it out by memory that made me smile. 
We pick Michael up tonight, he'll be home until Sunday... we pick him up Wednesday... then Friday we go to the doctor to check on our bun. Looking forward to the end of January. :)

1 comment:

  1. One more... I forgot: Joshua has been the villain in his play. One of my favorites was when he took a toy threw it and said, "You'll Never Find it Now! Aah, Aah, Aah!!!!" His evil laugh makes me grin.

    ReplyDelete