Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Yellow Light

I know I've had thoughts or cutesy stories to share since Easter, but I was delinquent in taking notes of what I've wanted to write about.

The first week back at school was a rough one. I worked on lesson plans for next school year and I felt like part of me may have checked out for this year. Being back in my classroom and around my students has proven that was not the case. We still have things to accomplish for this year.

Saturday night we went to the symphony in Jacksonville. It was not only the symphony, but also Ben Folds. We went with Phil and Becky. One of our friends commented how Facebook lit up from the four of us and our night out. It was the first time we had been out as adults in a while.

I may have over-done it. Sunday was a hard. I am only 30 weeks along. I started having pain in my thigh all the way down my calf. We went to Target where I had a hard time walking. At one point in the store, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to find Michael again. We got to Phil and Becky's where I thought things were alright. Becky took me into their spare bedroom where I laid down and started timing the contractions that I was having. It turned out that they averaged roughly 3 minutes apart for a significant enough length of time that I called the doctor. After her advice, of over hydration, I felt better.



For myself and for my son it's time to hit the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment