Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Beach Babe

Joshua and I went to the beach today. I told Joshua we were going to play in the sand. I knew going to the beach is NOT his favorite thing. I packed up sandwiches in the shape of stars, watermelon, popcorn, goldfish and some water. We took sunscreen, the umbrella, sand toys, and made our trek down to the beach.


We got down to the sand and the screaming began. I knew it was coming, but those around me didn't. Joshua is TERRIFIED of the water. "No waves get my toes!!" I can promise and assure him that he doesn't need to go in the water, we're far enough away that it won't get us, but that doesn't seem to be enough. 


I talked him down and distracted him with food. When his is hungry he's a bear, so that could have played a role as well. I started digging a hole while he ate. A big hole to sit in or climb in is the way to get him excited about being at the beach. 


We spent about 3 hours at the beach. I hope that he enjoyed it as much as I did! 
It was fun to just dig and play, but just as much fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment