Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter Fest

 Winter Fest was in downtown Milwaukee. My sister, her two kids, my mom, Samuel, Joshua and I went to check it out. To get there we needed to walk through the mall. The mall had a festive display of singing bears. We stopped to watch and I snuck a group shot. 
 One of the highlights of the festival for me has to be the oversized snow globe. 
 It was chaos and craziness and our time inside went too fast. (both times) The snow was thin plastic shreds. They got everywhere!
 Joshua wasn't sure what to think of the whole thing. He was glad when it was over, but said that he liked it.
 Inside the festival there was ice skating, bouncy houses, slides, and bungee bouncing. Those were all things that the other members in our group enjoyed.
 Because Joshua is still on the small size he went to find activities that we would enjoy. He loved the football throw and the soccer kicking.
 There was a train ride he waited patiently to ride on. 
 It was getting late in the day when the kids were getting over-tired and hungry when we decided that decorating cookies sounded like a great idea...
 A second wind was found after the cookies so we took in a round of mini-golf. Joshua has never done such an activity and it was fun to watch.
 He had the concentration... but could use some practice. 

 Joshua loved his time with Samuel. I hope Samuel enjoyed it as well. Michael and I both noticed how much my brother seemed to have grown up since the last time we had seen him and that was in September. 
 It was fun for me to see Joshua's tender heart. He is really a sweet boy who loves animals. He had all sorts of love for the polar bear giving it hugs. The penguins were probably my favorite to watch though. He shook hands with them, pet them, talked sweetly to them, hugged them and it made be proud. Many little boys would use them as boxing opponents, but not my softhearted little man.
 His sweetheartedness and his imagination are something else... he thought the nutcrackers were...... pirates.
We had a fun day! It was good to be around my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment