Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

We started putting up our tree on Saturday. I waited for Joshua to wake up from his nap. I got the tree box out of the closet and began the project. Joshua "ooo-ed and aaahhh-ed" when as i stood the tree up. 

I fluffed all the branches. Joshua got impatient and started exploring the Christmas decorations.  
He helped me untangle the lights and was very happy when we plugged them in! "Pretty!" 
Pastor Phil and Mrs. Becky called so we stopped our project after the first ornament. Joshua concentrated to make sure that it would stay on the tree. 


Day 2
We had Charlie Brown Christmas playing in the background as we began decorating on Sunday.
 Joshua uses such concentration when putting the ornaments onto the tree. After he got the ornaments to stay where he put them he would step back and admire his work. 
 The story of the Christmas Pickle is terrific! Every year the person who finds the pickles gets a special gift. My mom gave Michael and I our own Christmas Pickle for our first Christmas. Finding The Pickle at my mom's house has become quite the event, and I was excited to share this with Joshua.  Joshua was so excited when he saw the pickle he pretended to eat it. I have to admit it was adorable!
 Near the end of putting up the tree boredom set in. He started using the ornaments as kick balls. 
 We did take a moment to celebrate our accomplishment with cheesy smiles. (note the open door... it was roughly 77 degrees... the sleeves and pants help it feel Christmas-y)
Laying underneath the tree has become a delight. He lays underneath, "Oh, pretty!" 

We were nervous about putting the tree up with the joys of a 2 year old's listening ears, but I'm so glad that we did. We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment