Thursday, December 22, 2011

Getting Excited about Christmas

We are getting ready for Christmas and this year it is exciting! 
I'm not saying that previous Christmases have not been exciting, but it is fun to see the excitement that Joshua is experiencing for the first time. Last year he opened presents and that was okay, but he is excited.

As we have be making our preparations, Joshua has noticed. He has enjoyed decorating the house, checking out the nativity, differentiating between Santa and Jesus, and seeing presents. Because I have 38 students, I came home with several presents. As I was preparing to take my secret santa gift to school Joshua said, "Presents!" One of the items I was taking to school was a candle. Joshua asked to "smell it!" several times, after which he responded, "Ahhh, delicious!" He looked at the presents under the tree and in front of me, and asked, "Presents, me?!?" I assured him that he would get presents, but not until Christmas. With surprised face and eyebrows raised, "favorite part!!" 

Michael and I have hunted down holiday specials on tv to dvr and watch together. it has been fun sharing memories that each of us had from old Christmas movies. A favorite and cherished memory that we will have from sharing The Muppets Christmas Carol will be Joshua demanding that I sit on the floor to watch with him so that he can lift my shirt and love up his sibling. He hugged my belly tight saying, "Love you baby, Love you. Come play." 

No comments:

Post a Comment