Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Not ready...



Joshua received an awesome book from Grandma Schottey. America the Beautiful, a wonderful pop-up book!

The pop-up pages include the Golden Gate bridge, a Mississippi river boat, amber waves of grain, Mount Rushmore, the Mesa Verde, the National Mall, and New York City Skyline. 

The New York page has a smaller book on the lower left corner, which has the Twin Towers inside. I told Joshua that the towers are no longer there. 

"Why"

"They fell down." At first it was funny to him. 

"Did it fall like this?" Timber style. I looked to Michael with panic in my eyes. 

"No Bud, some people flew airplanes into them." 

Michael showed him a YouTube video of the towers falling.

Silence.

"Mommy, Why? Why did they do it?"

I looked to Michael again panicked...

"I don't know. They were angry. They made some poor choice and hurt a lot of people." 

I wasn't ready. I didn't want to answer. 

I love that he is so interested and curious about everything, but some questions are no fun to answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment