Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Perfectly Perfect, but not quite...

Tuesday nights are the night Joshua and I leave school early. When it was time to go I excitedly lured Joshua away with promises of painting when we got home. I was so excited! We were leaving early enough to do something special when we got home while daddy made supper. It was going to be great!!

I made some outlines of Easter eggs so we could paint the inside, got the paints and wipes ready...

Then, the colors were all wrong, the whining was intense and Joshua refused to paint. So I stayed there at the table, finger painting for a while. It felt good, but I still left the table disappointed. I was so anxious to do something special and try to make things fun and exciting for my little man.

Too much pressure. He didn't want to paint, and there wasn't much I could do to change his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment