Saturday, November 30, 2013

Trees and Tomfoolery

A few months ago my nephew sent me an envelope from Wisconsin that contained orange seeds. He had been told that oranges grow in Florida so he sent me the seeds asking me to plant them. 

Before he got on the plane to come to Florida he said, "I can't wait to see my orange trees!"

I needed to come up with a plan. I was going to tell him I took his seeds to the nursery so that everyone could enjoy his oranges. Then we went to the nursery to check on his plants. The oranges were getting orange. 




After visiting the orange trees it was time for the Kids' Carnival. 



The boys loved the bounce houses and slides. 


Joshua learned about fire safety in the smoke house. 


And it was great to share the Kids' Carnival with my sister (and 4,500 other people)
We may have told Joshua that this was his birthday party. Bouncy houses, cotton candy, face painting, balloon twisters. What more could you ask for?!?




No comments:

Post a Comment