Friday, October 26, 2012

Two Nights, Three Days...

Teachers' Conference was held in Orlando this year. Not far from our house, but far enough to spend the night there and not drive back and forth. That means two night, and three days away from my boys.

Looking back two years ago, teachers' conference was the first time I spent the night away from Joshua. I cried. The second was when Silas was born. I cried then too. This would be my first night away from Silas and Joshua. I was sad, but strangely, no tears. My heart hurt knowing Silas had never gone to bed without nursing first. Michael does so much with Silas now, that I knew they'd be fine without me. 

So away I went...

family time before I left. 

Michael told me about their struggles and tiredness, but they survived. And so did I. 

I may have been over excited to be out of the house. I packed all sorts of things in my suitcase, which I didn't need to share with anyone. I ate delicious foods. 
I went out without a purse, backpack, or diaper bag. I stayed in bed all night.

Our family made it through 2 nights, and 3 days and we are better for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment