Friday, October 26, 2012

Ahh... Refreshed...

The theme of teachers' conference was "Reclaiming our Christ-centered Lutheran Devotional Heritage." That's a mouth full. It was based on a book that we were to have read before heading to conference. I'll admit to reading roughly 20 pages of the 270ish... I was not the only one. That doesn't mean I didn't take anything away from conference.

Highlights:
  • Seeing friends and colleagues rarely seen 
  • Singing favorite hymns that are rarely sung in our congregation, hymns that I remember singing as a young child
  • hearing the beautiful voices singing loud and proud from the heart in 4 part harmony 
  • examining personal spiritual life and setting goals to improve -- devotional life, meditation on the Word, personal prayers, and daily trials. [I'm in the midst of a 90-day Bible Challenge. I'll save some of my thoughts from conference to accompany the notes I've kept along the way in my 90-day journey.]
Coming Home: I found myself refreshed. Refreshed as a teacher,  friend, parent and wife. Conference came at a great time for me. 

Saturday morning, after coming back we enjoyed pancakes as a family. Not the Mini-wheats of mid-week. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment