Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Success!

My mom visited about two weeks ago now and I realized that I don't got to the 
beach enough, even though it's so close! So on Monday afternoon after nap time and a variety of other home chores were accomplished I asked Joshua if we wanted to go on an adventure. 

 We packed up the sand toys, some snacks, and a towel just in case and headed to the beach. We stopped along the way and got a special treat to share while we spent our time in the sand.
 Joshua hunted out the perfect spot, not too close to the water for us to do some digging. I dug a great big hole, big enough for both of us to sit in, and that's just what we did. We sat in our sandy hole and watched the people passing, older gentlemen playing bocce ball, surfers, and the seagulls. Joshua had comments about everything. I realized even in the past two weeks how much his chatter has taken off.
 My son thinks he is a comedian, he tries to make jokes, and show me how cute he is, but we are still finding the balance between being cute and being sassy. And for me, I'm learning what to let fly and what to cut off at the pass. There may have been some sand throwing... look at those handfuls of sand and sneaky smile...
 We took a picture of the two of us. Joshua loves to take them as long as he gets to see it after his hard work of smiling.
 In the past, we have sat in one spot and played in the sand until we were ready to go. Half expecting the answer to be no, I asked Joshua if he wanted to do some walking. He jumped up and said, "Come-on Mama!"
 I thought about how much my little boy had grown. He was exploring and adventuring, but eager to have me there beside him. He was fascinated with the sticks on the beach. He gathered them up and counted them. He did find a vacant umbrella hole to shove the sticks in, and try to find more to fill it. It was fun to watch his wheels turn.
 I started to get cold before Joshua did. I was chasing him around with the camera while he was concentrating on the mysteries of the beach. We gathered up our things shortly before the sun set and I knew I made the right choice leaving my unfinished projects at home and heading to the beach to have some quality mommy-son time.

No comments:

Post a Comment