Thursday, January 7, 2010

Week 7

Joshua is now 7 weeks old. It has been amazing to see his development so far.

He holds his head up for quite a while.
He has been blowing bubbles.
We have been enjoying the most wonderful of smiles.
He has grown out of several of his newborn clothes and is enjoying the extra leg room of the 0-3M clothes.

Last night was our first BAD night. (I have been spoiled only getting up for one feeding a night) Michael and I decided that we needed to eat better. We forgot about the fact that I am still eating for two being that I am breast feeding. I had one GASSY baby on my hands.

Joshua was extremely fussy with lots of grunting, tears, wild leg kicking. I hate the cries when he's screaming so hard he's not breathing. I felt awful. I may have shed a tear or two myself as I tried to help him get the gas out with tummy rubs, and leg exercises. We were both so tired. As the night went on and I heard the results of some Mylicon (gas relief drops) I thought we were in the clear. Today during the day I realized I was mistaken. It seems that the drops are just as hard on his system as whatever I ate.

We now have the puzzle of trying to figure out what I ate that made my son's life so horrible. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment