Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Joshua's First Christmas



Christmas Eve Joshua and I enjoyed the falling snow home together.

There was a winter storm warning and Michael had to work. We only have one car and Michael had it. I thought about walking to church with Joshua because we only live a block away. This would be do-able if it were a normal block and a normal amount of snow. The snow was probably about a foot deep by 7:00p and it's up a pretty steep hill. I'm not the most graceful or coordinated of people, so I decided for my safety as well as his we had better stay home. This was the first time in 22 years that I hadn't been to the Christmas Eve Service. It made me a little sad. I read a devotion and sang a Christmas hymn or two (as well as reading Luke 2) and headed off to bed.


The next morning Michael and I dug out the car to drive up one block to get to church. We were glad that they decided to start late due to the weather. We celebrated Christ's birth together with those who battled the weather. It was a beautiful service.

At home we had a very low-key day. We rented movies and just spent some time together as a family. While Joshua was awake and semi-happy we took a couple of picture before changing into some cozy jammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment