Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One Week!


Back to the hospital for a one week well being check...

Again we were scrambling to get out of the house. I'm sure with time we will have a better idea how long it takes to get ready and leave.

At the doctor's office the nurse checked Joshua's weight and height and asked Michael and I a variety of questions about Joshua's development so far.

He had already gained weight! 7lbs 2oz! I had been worried about how well Joshua was eating and I could tell that his color still wasn't what it should be. His weight was in the 34 percentile based on length-for-age! It was a great relief! The pediatrician said Joshua was still yellow/orange, but based on how alert and active he was he was sure that Joshua did not have Jandice! Our little boy is healthy and growing.

Shortly before we left the pediatrician gave Michael and I one of the best compliments we have ever received. The doctor asked Michael and I about MLC and we told him that I am planning to put my name on the call list in May. He was excited for us and for what the future holds, but he was also disappointed. He said, "It is a shame to lose a well-adjusted, 'normal' family." Michael and I took those words to heart and were proud of all that the Lord has accomplished through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment