Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The First Few Days




During the first days of Joshua's life at the hospital we had lots of visitors and enjoyed the company as we healed enough to be able to head home.

The pediatrician was concerned about Joshua's yellow skin. I was given the ok to go home Wednesday night, but because of Joshua's color and the fact that breastfeeding is easier said than done we stayed in the hospital until Thursday morning.

Thursday morning Joshua's Billy Rueben levels were ok so the doctor said he was not worry about Jandice.

The hosital offers a chair massage before we headed home. It was much needed. No one ever told me about all the muscles that I would use during labor. My shoulders, back, and arms were all sore... who knew?!?

Michael brought in the car seat and we dressed Joshua to take him home. We put shoes on his feet. The first thing that I bought after I found out we were having a boy was a pair of blue shoes with a frog on the Velcro.

We got home around 11 on Thursday. It was good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment