Saturday, November 28, 2009

Joshua's First Thanksgiving



My Mom, step-dad, and little brother came to New Ulm to celebrate Thanksgiving with Michael, Joshua, and I. They arrived Wednesday night and hurried to get here to meet our little man.

The next day my family picked up a Thanksgiving Feast from the local grocery store. The turkey needed to go in the oven for 2 hours and all the sides just needed to be heated. It was very handy considering Michael and I weren't in the best position to be making a big feast with such a new blessing among us.

We snacked and played games as we waited to the food to heat. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday and it was even better this year. The food was good, the company was great! Later that night we watched a movie, ate the pie, and called it a night. It was a long day with lots of excitement for Joshua, but he did very well. He wore a special Thanksgiving outfit complete with turkey bib.

1 comment:

  1. SO EXCITED to see the pictures and hear all the news!! I had seen pictures on Facebook first and then Mrs. Wollmer called me soon after with the great news. Loved the birth announcement (aren't you already the super organized mom!!). And putting your name on a call list-AMEN! The Lord will provide and how exciting for your family. Maybe we can pray for Wisconsin??!! Can't wait to share mom stuff together!

    ReplyDelete