Sunday, January 10, 2016

Camera Play



We needed more than just the library to get us out of the house. The boys needed to burn off some energy and I was eager to try out my new camera. 


I usually have something in mind when I start shooting. I was there to try out my lenses and catch some emotion. I got a photography book for Christmas and I'm reading about storytelling. Photos don't have to be posed, focused, smiling portraits. 












I went home to check out how I had done finding that roughly 1 out of 5 was close to what I intended to capture. Despite that, as I reviewed my work, Michael commented, "You've got perma-smile." And it was so true. I was in love with the crispness and clarity of many of the images. I was feeling good! 

*and before you think I'm too much of a jerk for taking sad/struggling pictures of my son read the article found here:

http://patch.com/california/alameda/bp--please-dont-help-my-kids

Puts it into perspective a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment