Friday, May 17, 2013

It's ok to be you!

Sigh,
Written with a heavy heart:

Joshua was rewarded with a tattoo at school. He chose an eagle. He eagerly ran outside to show his friends. He asked a friend what they thought. The response was, "I don't like it!"

At such a young age yearning for the approval of others, he was found teary eyed, scratching his arm, trying to scrape off his new tattoo.

It made me sad. I wasn't sad that the person said it, because people are going to disagree. I was hurt that Joshua felt the need, or desire to change something that was special and exciting to him because a friend didn't like something about him.

He has awesome teachers that not only made him feel better, but also had him return to that person and tell them, "it's okay that you don't like it. I do! It's special to me!"



No comments:

Post a Comment