Thursday, February 21, 2013

Oh the screams!

after watering our basil plant I was cleaning out apartment. When I walked out of our bedroom I screamed. A lizard had made its way into our second floor apartment and was staring at me.

Native Floridians or even those with more "life skills" would have grabbed it by the tail and taken it outside. This is not what happened in the Schottey household.

Michael got the waste basket from our bedroom and told me to try to catch the lizard when he moved the bookshelf that the lizard hid behind after my screech.

Michael moved the shelf... And...
Nothing happened.

I dropped a book behind it, nothing happened.

After roughly 2 hours of hide-and-seek with the lizard he appeared on our bedroom door. This is when Michael grabbed Joshua's oversized bouncy ball and threw it at the lizard.

He missed.

But the vibrations from the collision caused the lizard to fall. It fell onto our office chair. From the office chair opened the door and Michael wheeled him out is our apartment and shook him off my bag.

Florida wildlife!!


No comments:

Post a Comment