Monday, February 4, 2013

ABC's & 123's Why stop there?

"Who's on the penny?"
"Abraham Lincoln."

Joshua has been able to answer that question for a while now.

Last night when he was talking to me about the penny he said he knew it was Abraham Lincoln, but he didn't know him. So I told him about the Emancipation Proclamation and how Abraham Lincoln fought for everyone to be treated equally even though their skin looked different. We talked about Joshua's friends who have black skin and how God made everyone special. I reminded him that God wants us to have kind thoughts, words, and actions with everyone.

My thought has never been that Joshua was "too young" to learn about things so why not?!? I expose him to letters, language, numbers, and science, so why not some history?!?

I pray that his love of learning and his curiosity grows as he grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment