Saturday, August 11, 2012

Red Velvet cake and Oreo ice cream

Tonight I ate my feelings. And that's what they tasted like. Red velvet and Oreos.

Tonight parenting was no fun!

I was giving the boys a bath. I asked Joshua if he wanted to take his bath alone or with Silas. He said alone. I put Silas in the tub and washed him up.

I had Joshua get in to wash his hair before I took Silas out and got him in jammies. I washed Joshua's hair turned to get Silas a towel and when I turned back around Joshua was pouring water over Silas's face. (when  I say water this wasn't a sprinkle, it was a gallon beach pail)

"Joshua David!!"

...

I took screaming Silas out of the tub and tried to calm him. I got him into jammies and he was still distraught.

The flip had switched in Joshua. Water started splashing all over the bathroom, letting the water out led to screaming, dressing was like wrestling, brushing teeth was another battle.

I put Joshua in bed screaming. Michael and I went into Joshua's room after he was calm. When Michael asked Joshua why he threw a fit he said,
"I was mad at mommy."

Tonight my feelings taste like cake and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment