Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Innisbrook


Back in June after our family trip to Tampa, we were home for 4 days then we jumped back in the car to go with our church family.
Michael attended meetings  while the boys and I socialized and relaxed. One thing we did to stay busy was taking advantage of the resort's amenities...
While on a nature walk Joshua tried to convince the other children that he had set a booby trap for the pandas that lived in the forest. Despite my correction, he was determined that pandas could live in the Florida wetlands. 
We also spent time at the pool... This mommy was convinced that I was well prepared for another trip... I forgot the boys bathing suits. Thankful that I had mine, we made due. 

There was a mini golf course at the resort as well. The previous week Joshua had mini golfed and was convinced he was
the best golfer ever. He was handing out pointers and tips. "Concentrate, Aim, shoot."  I took a moment to deflate him. I told him I was glad he was having fun. How special it was to be playing, but that he wasn't the best. I told him he could practice hard and get better but he still had lots to learn. I'm not sure it changed his mind, but it slowed down the boasting making the game a little more enjoyable. 

We went to a wonderful NY style/themed deli one night where I even tried tongue (little did I know until after the bite was gone). We saw many people we haven't seen in a while and got to spend some relaxing time with those we see often. 
Guilty mom moment from our arrival... The boys were napping, the sun was shining and the suitcase was in the car. I couldn't leave the room since Michael was at meeting, and I didn't want to waste my time away in a dark hotel room waiting for the end of name time... So I grabbed a towel shed my clothes and headed for my golf course view of a balcony where I found a sliver of sun at just the right angle to enjoy the glorious rays. 
Time away is good but being in your own bed is certainly something you long for after being away. 
I watched the beautiful skyline as we headed home in a quiet car of weary travelers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment