Wednesday, September 18, 2013

27

It may not have been a cupcake, but the morning after my birthday, I greeted the day on the beach watching the sunrise. 
It was delightful being one of the only ones on the beach for the moment the sun peered over the horizon then burst through the clouds. As a special treat, a dolphin was playing under the rising sun. 


The day continued with the same pleasantries. We sat and ate breakfast overlooking this beautiful sight. 
From there we went to the farmers market and enjoyed strolling hand-in-hand. Back at the spa we had a couples massage. 
Followed by a lovely light lunch.
So that we could get back to the spa for our champagne pedicures. Michael was a little hesitant, but by the end, he embraced it. 

We walked along the beach for a while before heading to the mineral pool. 

We dressed for dinner and ate one of the best meals we've ever shared. We took our time enjoying an appitizer, a bottle of wine, and a wonderfully cooked meal. 

Sunday morning we took a quick dip in the mineral pool before having breakfast and getting ready to get our boys for church. 
What started as an awkward silence and forced conversation when Michael and I were alone without children and a promise to be work-free, turned into a terrific weekend tying us closer together before things get busy and crazy. 
Perfectly content. What a great start to. 27. 




When Monday night football gets old and late, I'll be back here, smiling about this weekend.
 

2 comments:

  1. "It may not have been a cupcake" made me cry... Love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I love you, and yeah, maybe I put a line in there cause I miss you, and I hoped you'd catch it. :) hope all is well.

      Delete