Friday, April 5, 2013

Gymnastics

We're 3 weeks in and I haven't written about the greatness of gymnastics yet!

Michael and I thought Joshua could use an activity outside of CTK church and school. So Michael signed him up for gymnastics.

We showed Joshua some you tube videos of gymnastics and he was thrilled. (Oh, and the was he says gymnastics... Just about more than I can take :) )

Week One: lots of animal walking, stretching, following directions. And Super Flips! (Somersaults)

Stretching out
concentrating













Week Two: balance beam. He has practrd the balance beam on the playground for several days anticipating using it at gymnastics.





















Week three: high beam. This evoked terror! Nervousness. Shakes. Near tears. ( I will admit whispering to Michael, "they're not going to use that ate they!?!?!? With equal fright in my voice.)
The children were spilt in 2 groups and Joshua's group was the second to use the high beam. He watched the boy in front of him with shock in his eyes. Then it was his turn. I sent Michael over to encourage because I knew if it was me, he'd scare himself out of it. With Michael on one side and the teacher on the other, he made it across! Eager for hugs we encouraged and praised him up and down for trying even though he was scared.



They get a sticker at the end of every session. The sticker he bright home was a gold medal. And to him, it may as well have been made of real gold!



I'm excited see what week four will bring.

















No comments:

Post a Comment